The AltaSeal® micro-insert and delivery system is based on the Celt ACD®, an FDA approved arterial closure device which is now implanted in about >120,000 patients worldwide. Recognizing that the core technology in Celt could be adapted to provide a non-surgical and removable option for women who have chosen permanent contraception.
- The AltaSeal® is indicated for patients who desire hysteroscopic permanent contraception.
- The AltaSeal® is an Office Based Procedure.
- AltaSeal® is a medical grade metal micro-insert.
- Placed in the fallopian tubes by a gynecologist using a standard hysteroscope.
- The micro-insert mechanical blocks the fallopian tube thus preventing pregnancy.
AltaScience is developing AltaSeal®, a non-surgical alternative to tubal ligation. AltaSeal® is a soft stainless steel micro-insert, which is placed the fallopian tubes using a special type of telescope called a hysteroscope. AltaSeal® can be placed in a gynaecologist’s office, rather than in a hospital, and the procedure takes about 15 minutes. Because there’s no anesthesia or surgery, a woman can expect to resume normal activities on the same day, or the next day.
Benefits of AltaSeal over Competitors
Reduction in Time and Cost
AltaSeal® is estimated at < ½ cost of Tubal Ligation
THIS DEVICE IS NOT FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES
– IT IS AN INVESTIGATIONAL DEVICE LIMITED BY FEDERAL (OR UNITED STATES) LAW TO INVESTIGATIONAL USE.